At AquaGuard Injection & Waterproofing® our growth and success is not only due to our proven technical expertise but also to our unwavering commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
In order to save you time researching the wide range of topics related to basement waterproofing, foundation repair and health issues associated with wet basements, from the vast and, often contradictory information available on the internet, and because we believe that consumers want to be well informed, we've put together a comprehensive list of hyperlinks to excellent resources and information published by credible companies and organizations on subjects we believe you would be interested in.
The links below are categorized as general and health related; we consider the content in those links to be relevant and scientifically accurate.
Links for Basement Waterproofing Related Topics
- City of Toronto Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program
- Basement Flooding Prevention Subsidy Program
- Peel Region Basement Flooding Remediation and Subsidy Program Update - 23 November 2010
- Ontario Provincial Standard Specification - OPSS 932 - Concrete Crack Repair
- Concrete Foundations Association of North America article - Concrete Cracking
- Fluke Corporation application note - Conducting thermal investigations for moisture in building envelopes
- National Research Council Canada document NRCC-50577 - Basements: back to basics
- American Concrete Institute Bulletin - Structural Crack Repair by Epoxy Injection
- National Research Council Canada Construction Technology Update No. 69, June 2008 - Site Grading and Drainage to Achieve High-Performance Basements
- AmeriSpec of Canada article - I am considering purchasing a home with an unfinished basement, that I would like to finish as extra living space for my family. How can I tell if the basement leaks?
- AmeriSpec of Canada article - What are some typical structural concerns associated with a home's foundation that I should be looking for when purchasing a home?
- Tarion article - Avoiding moisture damage
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory - Builder's Foundation Handbook
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Article - Rain Gardens - Improve Stormwater Management in Your Yard
Health Information Related to Wet Basements
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation article - Problems in your basement
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation article - Mold
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation article - Effectiveness of Dehumidifiers in Controlling Moisture in Houses
- National Collaborating Centre For Environmental Health research paper - Health Effects From Mould Exposure in Indoor Environments